An abundance of freckles have arrived on my cheeks in recent years, and I’m thinking about sun protection more often than I ever did when I was young, wild and free. Hats are such a good accessory for long hours in the sun and there is such a variety to play with! Here are five summer hats I have been rotating frequently…
1. Wide Brim Fedora — This has to be my most worn hat since it can be used as a transitional accessory through each season and pairs well with many ensembles. For the easiest look, wear with a linen maxi dress for a day to evening look.
2. Super Wide Brim Hats – This provides the best sun coverage and works so well with a simple white pom pom trim cover up. It keeps your shoulders and cheeks from turning red and adds a little Audrey Hepburn vibe to your beach getup.
3. Printed Baseball Cap — This is a fun way to change up your normal look and mix prints. I matched a Zara palm print cap with with a pineapple print tank, but you could work this with stripes, color blocking or even a flowy dress.
4. Crochet Hat — I really love how this hat instantly adds character to an outfit. (It’s a fantastic way to cover up bed head, too.) Wear this hat to top off a romper or a monochrome ensemble.
5. Wide Brim Floppy — Another fantastic option for the beach or to pair with a summery floral dress. Wear this with a swimsuit, denim shorts and a tunic top for mornings by the water.
Tried any of these styles? How did you wear a hat this summer? Thankfully, there are still some summer weeks left and time for more hat wearing:)
Photo credits: Gabe Liesemeyer